Laura L. Mills Esq.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights
- Criminal Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Family Law
- Business Litigation
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
For twenty-five years, Laura L. Mills has managed and provided a full-service litigation practice through the law firm of Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas. The law firm originated in Canton and provides service throughout the entire state of Ohio.
Laura is a litigator and has defended multiple murder/attempted murder trials successfully. She has managed and tried multi-million dollar medical malpractice claims, business litigation matters and partnership disputes. She is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Super Lawyers, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has earned the highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards from the bar and judiciary.
She strongly and passionately advocates for individuals, especially in the realm of social injustice. She has appeared on national television (CBS, 48 Hours, Good Morning America, Dr. Phil, Fox News,) on behalf of her clients. She has appeared in LawNewz, and provided an interview podcast for Beth Karas as well as being featured in her hometown paper for her work and commitment to domestic violence and other social injustice.
Laura is admitted to practice in state and federal courts throughout Ohio as well as the District of Columbia. She has also tried jury trials in multiple other states and jurisdictions as well as family matters in multiple states across the country.
Laura is President of the Stark County Academy of Trial Lawyers and she is a member of the Ohio Bar Association and Ohio Association for Justice.
She assists clients in many areas of the law such as business formation, family law matters, medical malpractice, civil rights violations, corporate litigation, contract litigation, criminal defense and estate planning.
Laura is a graduate of Mount Union College with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and a minor in Secondary Education. She obtained her law degree from the University of Akron School of Law while employed full time by a large multi-state law firm. She championed the regional trial team at the University of Akron as the first women team to win at regionals.
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- Honors: Regional Trial Team Competition
- Honors: Sanders Mestel Award
- Mount Union College
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Secondary Education
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Top 10 lawyers in Ohio for client satisfaction in the area of Family Law
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys Life Time Achievement Award
- Highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards from the bar and judiciary, 2016-2018
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Super Lawyers in Business Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certification as a woman owned business for the firm
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Stark County Bar Association
- Stark County Academy of Trial Lawyers, President
- International Women's Leadership Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner