Any time we or our family is sick or injured, we have no choice but to put our trust in doctors, nurses and other trained medical professionals. When a mistake has been made by a medical professional, it is important to determine if they followed best practices and met the standard of care. If you or your family members have been injured during your care by a medical professional, then ask our team to review the circumstances to determine your rights, because you deserve to be compensated for the errors that occurred and affected your life.
Common Forms Of Negligence In Ohio Hospitals
Medical mistakes can range from minor to life-threatening and, despite regulations in place, they continue to happen at an alarming rate in hospitals and health care facilities all over Ohio. There are often unanswered questions as to how the tragedy of medical malpractice happened to you or someone you love.
At Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas, we are here to help you find answers, identify responsible parties and hold them accountable through financial compensation. We have decades of experience both in the legal and medical fields, which gives us the ability to quickly identify and handle a range of medical mistakes and their associated injuries:
- Surgical errors — such as wrong site surgeries, unnecessary surgeries and surgeries performed on the wrong patient
- Misdiagnosis — of various forms of cancer and other potentially life-threatening conditions
- Delayed and missed diagnosis — resulting in serious injury or wrongful death
- Anesthesiology mistakes — including failure to monitor patients or miscalculating the right dosage
- Medication errors — such as administering medication to the wrong patient, mislabeling medication or giving the wrong dosage to a patient
- IV placement injuries — resulting in permanent nerve damage, heart attack, stroke and other complications
- Birth injuries — caused by the use of forceps, suction, aggressive pulling during delivery or mistakes made during cesarean section operations
- OB-GYN mistakes and prenatal care negligence — such as failing to perform preventative screening on a regular basis or failing to correctly diagnose gestational diabetes
- Hospital negligence — including failures to follow procedures, nurse and staff negligence, implementing inadequate or poorly written safety procedures, and failures to monitor mobile patients resulting in serious or fatal falls
- Post-operative care mistakes — including failures to change bandages and dressings, and failures to follow proper hygiene standards leading to hospital-acquired infections
- Diagnostic errors — such as misreading oncology, radiology or other lab reports leading to a misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
Here For You In Your Time Of Need
We pride ourselves on being there for you when you need us to answer your questions. We will stand by your side from the start of your case until its resolution making sure you have all the knowledge we do about your specific case.
Do you have questions now? Check out our FAQ page to get some answers before you schedule an initial consultation.
Malpractice Warrants Financial Compensation
We are straightforward, experienced and practical attorneys who fight for our clients. If you think you may have a claim, please do not delay in calling Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas as a medical malpractice action is limited to a one-year statute of limitation.
It is our commitment to work with individuals and families who have been harmed by the wrongful conduct of medical professionals, and to hold them accountable for their actions. You need a strong advocate throughout a medical malpractice claim, and we are here to zealously pursue all your rights and claims.
Still wondering if you need to hire an attorney? See what sets our firm apart and the benefits we offer our clients and their families.
Contact Our Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
We are committed to helping you hold negligent medical practitioners accountable. To see how Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas can help in your case, contact us online or call us at 330-754-1888 and schedule an initial consultation at our office in Canton.