When hospital staff members fail to follow established patient care procedures or are intentionally negligent, their failures can result in a wide range of injuries to patients. In some cases, this negligence can be severe enough to cause the death of a patient. If you have experienced neglect at the hands of a hospital staff member, contacting a skilled attorney right away is your best option to ensuring your voice is heard and your rights are protected. At Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas, in Canton, Ohio, we make sure our clients take legal action in a timely manner and recover the full and fair compensation they need and deserve.
Wondering if you need to hire an attorney? Reach out to us or read more about the benefits of hiring an attorney to help with your medical malpractice claim.
Staffing Negligence And The Injuries It Causes
There are numerous forms of hospital negligence that can cause staff to fail in their duty of care. In many cases, this results in serious injuries or even death.
Some common forms of negligence include:
- Inadequate training: A hospital administration’s failure to provide adequate training for their staff members can lead to poor medical practices. These poor practices often risk the health and well-being of patients.
- Inadequate staffing: Poor scheduling techniques and deficient hiring processes can leave entire departments understaffed, which can lower the standard of care each patient deserves.
- Rushing: Staff members often make mistakes when they fail to devote an appropriate amount of time to care for a patient.
- Insufficient scrutiny of staff backgrounds: With poor background check processes, a hospital runs the risk of hiring untrained, unlicensed individuals or employees with criminal backgrounds, which can put patient safety at risk.
- General carelessness: Actions such as ignoring calls, patient requests and concerns, failing to read up on updated hospital policies, and working while over fatigued are all examples of general carelessness.
Serious Mistakes Can Lead To Serious Injuries
While not every mistake made by staff and orderlies causes issues for patients, there are some — such as those mentioned above — that can result in accidents that can lead to very serious injuries or fatalities. Among the most common accidents and injuries include patient falls which can result in broken bones, sprains, fractures, and head and brain injuries.
Staff negligence isn’t just limited to hospitals either. Obstetricians and gynecologists who are negligent in their duty of care could miss important warning signs or fail to perform annual screenings to detect serious health problems, resulting in catastrophic injuries for pregnant and nonpregnant patients alike.
Results-Driven Legal Representation
At Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas, our attorneys have served the local community for more than 80 years, helping individuals and families seek the compensation they deserve for their injuries. From beginning to end, we will be your all-encompassing solution to holding a hospital and its staff accountable for their negligence. Our attorneys will leverage our combined 200 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of Ohio medical malpractice laws to stand up for your rights and make sure you’re getting the best possible result for your case.
We put medical professionals on your side. We have nurse attorneys and nurse consultants on our staff with medical industry experience who will assess your injuries and determine the appropriate level of compensation to which you may be entitled. Let us put your mind at ease with our capable, passionate representation.
Set Up A Consultation With Our Compassionate Attorneys
You don’t have to feel intimidated to take on hospital administration members or their legal teams when you work with Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas. We can put the fight in your corner. To schedule an initial consultation at our office in Canton, call 330-754-1888, or reach out to us via email if it’s more convenient.