Laura L. Mills Esq.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights
- Criminal Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Family Law
- Business Litigation
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
For over twenty-eight years, Laura L. Mills has managed and provided a full-service litigation practice through the law firm of Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas. The law firm is the oldest law firm in Canton, Ohio and is housed in the Mills Historic Tower. The firm provides legal services throughout the entire state of Ohio.
Laura is a litigator and has defended multiple murder/attempted murder trials successfully. She has managed and tried multi-million dollar medical malpractice claims, business litigation matters, partnership disputes, contract litigation and divorces. She is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers, American Board of Trial Advocates, Super Lawyers, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has earned the highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards from the bar and judiciary.
She strongly and passionately advocates for individuals, especially in the realm of social injustice. She has appeared on national television (CBS, 48 Hours, Good Morning America, Dr. Phil, Fox News,) on behalf of her clients. She has appeared in LawNewz, and provided an interview podcast for Beth Karas as well as being featured in her hometown paper for her work and commitment to domestic violence and other social injustice.
Laura is admitted to practice in state and federal courts throughout Ohio as well as the District of Columbia. She has also tried jury trials in multiple other states and jurisdictions as well as family matters in multiple states across the country.
Laura is a Past President of the Stark County Academy of Trial Lawyers and she is a member of the Ohio Bar Association and Ohio Association for Justice.
She serves on the Special Improvement District Board in Downtown Canton, The Community Relations Board in Canton, her Homeowners Association Board, the Ohio State Committee for the American College of Trial Lawyers, and is a Member of the Thurgood Marshall Equality and Justice Award Committee.
In addition to her trial work, she also assists many clients in business formation, real estate transactions, estate planning, and other transactional matters.
Laura is a graduate of Mount Union College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and a minor in Secondary Education. She obtained her law degree from the University of Akron School of Law while employed full time by a large multi-state law firm. She championed the regional trial team at the University of Akron as the first team of women to win at regionals.
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- Honors: Regional Trial Team Competition
- Honors: Sanders Mestel Award
- Mount Union College
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Secondary Education
- S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- District of Columbia
- S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- American College of Trial Layers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards from the bar and judiciary, 2016-2022
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Super Lawyers in Business Litigation
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Stark County Bar Association
- Stark County Academy of Trial Lawyers, Past President